Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's a KEEPER!




The June Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Jasmine of Confessions of a Cardamom Addict and Annemarie of Ambrosia and Nectar. They chose a Traditional (UK) Bakewell Tart... er... pudding that was inspired by a rich baking history dating back to the 1800's in England. This was a super yummy tart ummmmm thing. I also noticed it looked curdled but the taste is divine.



I love my self scrapping paddle from KAF.
I think I undercooked it at first but I popped it back in the oven and left the heat off and it cooled as the oven cooled and it came out great! I DID NOT get a pic of it sliced as once it was cut it was gone!! My sil loved it and said it was a keeper. Even the pickyish hubbster liked it.
As I scanned thru the completed projects I noticed that some put the filling up the sides and some did a thinnnnnn layer BUT I am a jam girl so I decided on a thick layer just on the bottom. I used Strawberry Jam that is awesomely delish. I confess I did not make the jam. I know a lot of you did but I didn't get any fresh strawberries that looked good untill after I needed to bake this. I used Griffen's Strawberry Jam and it is thick and delish. I also love the retro glass jar that it comes in. I used a 9 in pie tin as my tart pans are all gone. I think that got lost in my last cross country move. :( It was so pretty too so I was annoyed. But things always get lost in a move so...
I thought the crust was amazing! It is so easy and came together so lovely. The layers looked great and it was wayyyyyy easier then I expected as I had heard of this dessert before and it always seems so complicated. Thanks to the lovely ladies at http://thedaringkitchen.com for another awesome recipe.





1 comment:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com