Monday, September 22, 2008

Let’s make Fajita’s


Well I had planned to make my hubby's favorite fajitas but I didn’t realize that I needed pineapple juice for the marinade. Well, I am not nice enough to go to the store for one item as we don’t live near enough to walk to a market and I hate to waste gas so I turned to my best friend recipezarr.com and found a recipe using ingredients I had on hand.

Ingredients


1 clove garlic (minced or grated)

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

2 tablespoons oil (any type works,I used regular corn oil)

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/3 cup A-1 Steak Sauce (this was a odd thing to add i thought but yummm so good)

Directions

Combine all ingredients, mixing well.

Marinade 1 1/2lbs Beef skirt steak for at least 2 hours.

Cook as desired on outside grill, stovetop sauté pan, or you can even cook them on the George Foreman grill.

I cooked them on the grill for 7 min on one side and 3 min after turning over once. I found the coolest website to help a novice grill it is http://www.charcoalbob.com/ you tell it what you are making and it will tell you how to do it! I am excited about this as I am sadly, not a great griller.

OHHHH baby and a good time was had by all!!!

By the way to make a really yummy soft grilled onion I put 1 red pepper cut in strips and one onion sliced and then threw in ½ Hatch pepper put in a tin foil envelope with 2 ice cubes and stick it on the grill the same time as the meat and they should be soft and smoky done the same time as the meat.

I love how the picture looks a little fuzzy on the top as it is the steam. I have sour cream and cheese also on the plate. I also made some guacamole but this is my hubby’s plate and he hates quac so it isn’t on there.

I will be sharing my homemade tortillas tomorrow so come back as they are amazing compared to store bought.

Thanks for coming by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, soaking everything in Worcestershire Sauce and garlic tastes really good, too. Easy as pie.

luv 2 cook said...

Hey Sister you found me!

luv 2 cook said...

Hey Sister you found me!