Tuesday, November 4, 2008

well it is finally here

Tuesday has arrived. that means no more commercials about how the other guy is a liar, no more weird ads out of nowhere for someone i have never heard of. So I celebrate the end of the battle.

I also am celebrating getting my name changed, after 13 yrs of marriage I finally am legally name change married. I must confess I do feel different now. My name was the only part of "me" that was left and now it is gone, but that is ok because the married me is a adequate person with very sweet kids and a warm cozy house. Life is good so I guess that makes me a very fortunate person. I can't complain so on to why my house is cozy and warm ....... (nice segway no?)


The bread is rising and the oven has a Dutch Baby bubbling away to high sides and sweet tastes.

I love dutch baby because it is all the yummy of crepes or pancakes without the hassle of standing their flipping when their is laundry to do. The flat base is a great place for strawberries, peaches and cream or even a slightly roasted till soft apple with cinnamon sugar. I am a strawberry preserves kinda person that is my favorite topping.


Dutch Baby

2 Tablespoon butter
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs
dash of salt or 1/4 teaspoon
1 cup flour
vanilla optional
nutmeg optional
1 teaspoon sugar optional
If I am using a sweet topping I tend not to add sugar to it so it isn't to sweet.

preheat oven and pan to 375 degrees

I use a heavy cast iron pan but you can use something else if you prefer. once the pan is hot put butter in pan in the oven it will melt and while it is getting hot

mix all other ingredients in a bowl. Once the pan is hot and the butter is melter pour the thin batter in the pot and put in the oven and turn the oven down to 350 degrees cook 10 minutes and then turn the oven down to 325 degrees for 20 minutes till done. add topping of your choice and dig in. yummmmmmmmmmmmm I love this meal it is one of my top 10 favorite cold weather lunches yes, not breakfast I am usually running the kids to school and they prefer cereal in the morning. So this is a yummy treat for me and my 3 yr old at lunchtime.

Oh, there goes the timer. Have a great day to all :)

No comments: