Friday, October 10, 2008

Fried Pickles


I LOVE fried pickles- no, I am not preggers- yes, I was raised in middle America. This is also a favorite of my sister I will call her lawyer sis. Every time she comes to Oklahoma she is looking for a good fried pickle. I decided as she never has luck I would make them for her next time she comes she likes them as slices, I prefer spears so in the pic it is spears.
Ingredients
dill pickles
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup beer
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
vegetable oil
Directions
You can use spears or slices whatever you prefer. Dry your pickles on paper towels

Mix dry ingredients.
Add wet and mix well If it seems thick add a little more beer
Dip pickle slices in batter and quick fry at 375 degrees in oil (2 inches deep) until the pickle slices float to the top, or about 4 minutes.

Dip in a thick ranch and ahhh enjoy the weirdness.

Lawyer sis is in surgery today, it is her first surgery EVER! Hope all is well sis I love ya!


BTW this is awesome on catfish or onion rings to fry too.
UPDATE: She came through the big day great!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, yet another reason to come to OK. And you're right. Little round slices are my preference. Let's have pickle-o's and cheese curds. It will be fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I must say I've never heard of fried pickles before, but I'm intrigued...LoL!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of these, but have never actually tried them :). What a neat recipe! I'd love to feature it on our blog, please let me know if you're interested!

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com