Tuesday, October 28, 2008

funeral food


Well that was a cherry beginning, sorry. Hubby's uncle passed away over the weekend at the hospital and today is the funeral. I thought the reception after the funeral was going to be at my house but now it's not so I thought I should make some kind of food that everybody would like. I was told the desserts were handled already( oh man!) and they didn't need bread (oh man! again) and I had no time to run to the market to make a veggie tray so i asked if deviled eggs were covered. This is mid america and I think deviled eggs are required by law to be at any event. So guess what I made? Ok, I will end the suspense - it's deviled eggs. The one thing that is good about deviled egg's is usually everybody likes them so it pleases many. I do a SIMPLE taste palate as that is what the mil likes.


12 hard boiled and deshelled eggs

3/4 c mayo made with olive oil

1 heaping Tablespoon of relish

1 teaspoon paprika plus more for garnish

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 twists of the pepper grinder


cut eggs in half and set the yolks aside add all ingredients to the yolks throw in 1 white part of an egg as well - it makes it a little lighter.


I like to use a food processor to mix so it gets nice and fine for pipping but you can also just mash the tar out of it with a fork. :)


then either put in a bag with a tip or drop by spoonful into the open halves of egg. Then sprinkle lightly with a little paprika just to add a little color. That is what my momma always told me. :)


Put in fridge and the earlier you make it the better, much like potato salad, it is better the next day.

No comments: