Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have pumpkin mash - now what?


I normally roast my pumpkin and it takes several hours but yesterday I wanted to hurry and use the pumpkin while I was doing a few other things so I tried something new, boiling! The color was very bright and pretty but sadly the pics I took really don't show off the vibrant of the orange. Now I have a big bowl of pumpkin mash and all my friends have different opinions on what to do with it.


pumpkin pie

pumpkin brownies

pumpkin ice cream (?really?)

pumpkin cheesecake - I do have a TON of cream cheese


Do you have any ideas?


Cream cheese is about $3 for a pkg but the other day the market was having a sale and they were $.50 each! I got 5 of them. Why do I need 5 packages of creme cheese? I don't and I never even buy bagels but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up! I think I will use it up today and make a pumpkin cheesecake to start. I don't have a removable ring pan but I can make it in a deep pan. I lost that pan when we moved to Oklahoma last year. I need to get another one but due to the fact I have at least 100 pans I can find a suitable substitute.


Come back tomorrow and see if my cheesecake was a success!

No comments: